Job Type: Contract Based Full-Time Hours
About Alderon Games:
Alderon Games is a leading video game development company known for creating engaging and immersive gaming experiences. We foster a culture of innovation, inclusion, and collaboration, and we are dedicated to producing high-quality games.
We are currently seeking a Junior Level Designer with some experience who is looking to grow and make way into the industry to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will have a knowledgeable understanding of overall game development and strong understanding of Level Design fundamentals and how to make gamespace fun and interesting. You will be responsible for POI blockouts, thorough design work, combining logical and interesting narrative into all design aspects for effective gameplay experiences. While doing so, candidates are able to ensure that all standards will be met in an effective manner.
- Develop location and POI designs that are interesting and well documented.
- Create multiple stage blockouts with accurate metrics and testing.
- Translate 2D prototypes and concepts into 3D space
- Work within the engine to edit landscapes.
- Edit and work with procedural foliage volumes
- Create clear player pathing in all interior and exterior POI locations.
- Some environment work to flesh out interesting narrative points in locations
- Hand place some assets in rapid time and efficiency
- Provide input during the design process and contribute to the overall game concept and playability.
- Strong communication skill and interactions with other developers
- Problem solve and capable of knowing when to ask for help
- Ability to effectively adapt to new processes and tools during development life cycle
- Able to quickly learn new tools and read provided user manual documentation
- Follow step by step Level Design processes for various task types
- Bachelor’s degree or similar education in Game Design, Game Development or working equivalent.
- Highly experienced in planning and making 2D Prototypes
- Experience learning and working in Unreal Engine.
- Ability to create proper documentation
- Knowledge of the game development process and 3D game engines.
- Making both primitive and detailed blockouts within the engine.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Great communications skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Some Industry experience.
- Experience using 3D software for rapid detailed blockouts and concepts.
- Proficiency with version control software, such as Git and Tortoise SVN
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- A creative, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
- The opportunity to work on innovative and exciting projects.
- Remote work options and flexible work hours.
- Opportunities for career development and growth.
Note: all applications must be accompanied by a resume and cover letter.