Job Type: Contract Based Full-Time Hours
About Alderon Games:
Alderon Games is a leading video game development company known for creating engaging and immersive gaming experiences. We foster a culture of innovation, inclusion, and collaboration, and we are dedicated to producing high-quality games.
We are currently seeking a Gameplay Security Engineer to help keep our game and servers as secure as possible. Work towards finding and blocking game exploits, keeping servers secure and validated. Basically protect our games from cheating, hacking and unauthorized access.
- Develop and manage anti-cheat systems.
- Monitor game data for security breaches.
- Investigate suspicious player behavior.
- Develop security reports.
- Collaborate with developers on security best practices including maintaining and extending documentation on gameplay security best practice.
- Ensure that server logic and server-client interactions are secure and validated.
- Stay updated on cheating methods and cybersecurity developments.
- Proven experience in software development, with a focus on game security and anti-cheat measures.
- Experience in developing and implementing key gameplay systems
- Debugging and analytical skills
- Proficiency in programming languages,with solid C++ development skills.
- Knowledge of game hacking techniques, cheat detection, anti-cheat systems, and countermeasures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience developing anti-cheat technologies (anti-tampering, code virtualization, code/data obfuscation) and/or creating reverse engineering tools
- Proficiency in cryptography, secure coding practices, and network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, etc.).
- Multiplayer game development experience
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary.
- A creative, inclusive, and collaborative work environment.
- The opportunity to work on innovative and exciting projects.
- Remote work options and flexible work hours.
- Opportunities for career development and growth.
Note: all applications must be accompanied by a resume and cover letter.